Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Good morning! I got this recipe from a friend a couple of months ago. I haven't tried it yet, but my Etsy friend http://www.etsy.com/shop/heatherkingdesigns made them this past weekend and has posted pics on her blog: http://heatherkingphotography.blogspot.com
These would be perfect for Valentine's day or any other special occasion.
1 bag (12 oz) of bittersweet choc. chips
1 bag (12 oz) of semi-sweet choc. chips
1 stick (8 Tbl) of unsalted butter at room temp cut into small pieces
1 cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup of Bailey’s
1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Put the choc. chips and cream in a glass bowl and microwave until the chocolate is melted. 30-45 second increments, stirring after each increment. Be careful not to overcook. You’ll want the chocolate to look smooth and shiny.
2. Stir the butter chunks into the warm chocolate. Keep stirring until they’re melted and combined into the mix.
3. Stir in the Bailey’s until it’s well combined and chocolate mix is smooth and shiny.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-5 hours or overnight until the mix is hardened.
5. Take the mix out of the fridge and let sit at room temperature for 30-45 minutes. Put the cocoa powder in a bowl or on a plate.
6. Using a spoon, scoop out a bit of the truffle mix, about the size of a quarter in diameter. Shape the chocolate into a round ball.
7. Roll the truffle in the cocoa powder.
8. Finished truffles can be stored in a airtight container or ziplock bag in the fridge or freezer.
Note: You can also try milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips and roll them in powdered sugar.