Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cake in a mug

I found this on a friends blog. I thought this sounded like a ton of fun. I'm going to try making this with my son. If it turns out as good as it sounds, then I'm going to make these as teachers gifts for Christmas. I'll find a cute mug at the dollar store, put the dry ingredients in a baggie and then tie on a tag with the rest of the ingredients needed and instructions.

Hmmm.... this would good for camping also, just prep the ingredients at home then finish off at the campsite. Think of the possibilities. Let me know if you've tried this or have any other recipes.


5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons cake flour(that’s plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips(optional)
a small splash of vanilla
1 coffee mug

Directions:
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for the recipe!! I love any food that I can make in less than 10 minutes lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blogged about the same thing! It makes a delicious treat!

    ReplyDelete