Sunday, November 29, 2009

Party favors & decorations - using just scraps!


I was reading the paper and watching a show called Scrapbook Memories this morning. They did the show on making things out of scrap paper. HEY, that's what I do! :)

One of the things I thought was very clever was to make your own "curling ribbon" out of scrap paper. Just cut your paper into thin strips and use your finger nail to curl the paper. Put pieces together and attach to your package!

The paper chain would be super cute to use as an ADVENT Calendar idea. Have your children remove one chain each day until Chrismtas. This is also a great idea on counting down to a vacation. Think of the paper possibilites. All Christmas colors as a decoration around your fireplace or door frame. hmmmm... I may have to try that.

They also showed how to make a really easy, cute, reusable banner.

Click the link and it will take you to the site with instructions and even the broadcast.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! My daughters first birthday party is 2 weeks away and I'm going crazy trying to think of ways to decorate the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole - I bet she would just love that paper chain. If you used tape instead of staples, she would have a great time tearing it apart after the party is over!

    ReplyDelete